Sunday, October 02, 2005

How to Give to Pioneers of Gush Katif

In these last few days before Rosh Hashanah, it's always great to give a little more Tzedaka, give a little more money to those who need it.

This year of course, I wanted to give to those poor folks who were thrown out of their homes in Gush Katif. It wasn't as easy as I thought. A lot of the organizations that sprang up to try to defeat the Disengagement, have... well, disengaged. They've shut down.

So, I had to look and make some calls. But now I have the answer.

But before I post it, let me remind some of you that the promises made by the Israeli government to the people of Gush Katif have, so far, not been fullfilled. Yes, I know they were promised about a hundred thousand dollars per family. Maybe it's coming. But so far, nothing has been delivered other than being put up for a few weeks in hotels. And meanwhile they are still liable for their agricultural loans. Which are huge. Kind of unbelievable, I know. But it's true.

So these folks are hurting and they need help.

So, if you'd like to give, I have found the right outlet. And remember, it's always good to give. But now, during Elul, before Rosh Hashanah, before Yom Kippur, the day of Judgement, might be the best time of all.

If you click on the link, it will take you to Katifund. They have many project to give to. But you may want to click on the "Sowing in Faith" button. That will give instructions on how to give to the farmers who are still paying the loans on their destroyed farms.

Click here to give.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home