Saturday, August 27, 2005

The Best of Israel

One thing that I think came out of the Disengagement is that the whole world finally saw what sort of people the settlers of Gush Katif were.

I have never seen anything like it and I bet most people who viewed footage of the Disengagement had never seen anything like it either.

I mean, most people when faced with being booted out of thier home would have become antagonistic. Many would become violent, I'm sure. But most folks would be verbally abusive to their evictors. At the very least.

But the settlers didn't do that. They danced. They cried. They hugged and cried with the soldiers sent to evict them.

I don't know how this affected everyone else. But personally, I will never forget it.

These people are the best of Israel. And Israel has treated them like garbage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home